Today's DIY is inspired by my last one, the Nature Letters DIY. Since doing those letters, Ive been a bit obsessed with making things like this. This little nature crown is more for play then for actually wearing out and about, mainly b/c its quite stiff from being made from sticks. I think it would be super fun project with your littles. They would feel like woodland fairies wearing these! I'm pretty sure if I had my wedding to do over I'd have my bridesmaids wear some of these...
S U P P L I E S:
floral wire, small branches, found nature trinkets, deerskin or twine, scissors, hot glue gun.
I ended up using alot more than photographed below. My nature trinkets included: feathers from my lovebird, dried roses + babies breath, mountain laurel seeds, dove feathers, bird bone, seashell & a leaf.
S T E P S:
1. measure the wire around your head and glue or tape the wire in place in a circle. this will act as your guide for making the crown.
2. place your branches around the wire until you find the right fit. i made two layers of branches all around to give it some sturdiness + more surface space to glue the objects onto.
3. glue the corners of the branches together in place. i also glued them to the wire.
4. take your deerskin or other twine and wrap it around the entire circle. glue on the inside as you go around, to keep it in place but also hide the glue as best as you can.
5. begin to lay your pieces of nature out on the crown to envision how you want them to look. once you are happy, begin to glue each piece down. continue until you are happy with how it looks.
(click on the images below to see them larger)
Have fun! If you make one, I'd love to see it!!!