I'm excited to share this fun and super easy antler holiday ornament diy with you! We add at least one new ornament to our tree every year. It's become a tradition. This year I decided to hand craft one myself. In honor of the Texas inspired collection I am working on, I chose to use an antler tip. Deer are a huge part of my surroundings where I live. They are literally everywhere you look. It is amazing to me that they shed their antlers every year. A true testament to our own natural cycles. They grow to serve a purpose and when they are no longer needed, they are shed. Many lessons could be learned from this simple natural event alone. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this little diy!
S U P P L I E S:
antler tip // leather // bead // glitter // leather glue // regular glue // brush // scissors
S T E P S:
1. cut a strip of leather just long enough to attach to the sides of the antler and make a loop to hang on your tree.
2. slide your bead over both strands of leather.
3. glue both ends of the leather to opposite sides of your antler tip.
4. take the rest of your leather strip and glue it around the antler tip a few times to cover the two ends you just glued. if you don't have leather glue, you can use a glue gun, but it won't last as long.
5. add a layer of glue to the bottom of the tip, making sure you are making the section nice and straight where you want your glitter.
6. quickly sprinkle glitter all over where you added the glue. let dry.
7. hang and enjoy!